Personal Information

Monday, February 9, 2015

HDR Photography

HDR means high dynamic range, so you add more range to your pictures. Dynamic range is a range of light to dark in a photo. Instead of just taking one photo, HDR uses multiple pictures all taken at different exposures. HDR is used to make your photos look better, when you used HDR your photos look more detailed. I like using HDR, personally I think it makes your photos look much better and way more detailed. Sometimes when you used HDR it kind of makes your pictures look fake, like if you saw it in person you still wouldn't see what that picture shows.
Well to start off you need to get your pictures. So first you will need a camera that has more than one exposure button they look like this +/-. Then when you have the camera ready put in somewhere steady so it doesn't move too much, you don't want the camera to move. The you press the - (minus) exposure button till its at the lowest level then you take your first picture. To take your second picture you want to press your exposure button again and go one the next whole number up (If you want a lot of pictures to make it even more detailed then you can go through all the mixed numbers as well) when you have moved your exposure up then take another picture, so on and so forth (Keep going) until you have used all the whole number exposure buttons. Then you go to Photoshop, and click on file> automate> merge to HDR, then photoshop will merge your photos together and you can edit them the way want. When your done editing then you press the ok button then press, file, save, change the name to what you want it to be, and then change the .psd file to a .jpg file and your done you have a fully done HDR photo edited and saved. This is kind of different from automatic HDR because you have to do every thing by yourself.
The way I came up with my idea to do the HDR image I did was to get a shot that would have a lot of detail and not much moving in it. My second HDR image was planed out thinking it would be a good photo. I guess that when I take HDR photos I actually just look for a nice view or a nice landscape and take a picture of. Most of the time when I take any kind of photo I will look and say "that would be a nice shot" and then ill look for the right angle and the right lighting and ill take the picture; that's kind of what I did with the HDR photos. I guess if I had to really detail it then I look for the most beautiful shot and then take the pictures.

18 comments:

  1. Compliment: The clouds add drama
    Criticism: Almost rule of thirds but not quite
    Compliment:Subject looks like she is there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how big of look room you and your model has.
    You could have made your model look with her eyes not her whole head.
    I really love your background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell the character is cut out.
    It doesn't look that surreal.
    The character has look room, towards the inspiring word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Background is surreal
    Text could be made lighter
    Cutout quality is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its very surreal
    Kindve rule of thirds.
    Nice focal point

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good surealism in the background
    Its kind of blurry
    I like way shes looking

    ReplyDelete
  7. I how its surreal!
    The word kind of goes over the tree.
    I love the super impose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Complement: Look room is fantastic!
    Criticism: The word could be bigger.
    Complement: Cut out is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that your cut out quality is great!
    One thing that could be improved is to get the rule of thirds down.
    I also like that there is look room!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look room the model has. The rule of thirds was really close, but you just barely missed it. Excellent cut out quality! I wouldnt be able to tell that its superimposed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the way you cut the experiment out.
    You needed rule of thirds.
    I like your surreal Landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how real it looks!
    The word is kinda hard to see because it overlaps on the tree.
    The clouds look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great rule of thirds.
    You might want to readjust your text customization
    Great cutout it looks so realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Compliment: Great job of the cut out
    Improvement:Almost rule of thirds
    Compliment: A lot of look room towards the words

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice look room, should have turned the opacity for the word, love the cut out

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cut out is perfect!
    The experiment picture isn't very surreal.
    I like the amount of look room your person has.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks surreal
    The words don't really fit in
    Otherwise nice job

    ReplyDelete