Personal Information

Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design


User experience influenced my game by making me want to make a good well working game. This game was influenced by my earlier experience because all the games I played or finished functioned nicely. My past experience really helped me figure out what I wanted to do with my chase game. I was hoping to successfully finish a fully functional game but that didn't happen this game above is unfinished it literally does nothing. The second game I created worked better because I knew more about how to make a platform game. I had a hard time trying to make it switch to a second level because the function was using didn't work, but the platform game works a lot better then the chase game because the sprite actually moves.

The features in this game are pretty simple, one sprite open and closes its mouth chasing the other sprite. My game was also supposed to add and subtract point when the purple sprite stayed away from the black sprite for 5 seconds and when the purple sprite touched the black sprite and in 30 seconds you will win or loose. In my case the games wasn't cooperating, it wasn't letting me move the functions. The second games features are simple as well because all you really need to do is use the arrow keys, left arrow to go left, right arrow to go right, and up arrow to jump.When you touch the green square it'd supposed to switch levels but all it really does is make a sound.

I think my best code was making this platform game because my sprite moves nicely and jumps well. I think I did well on the platform game because I had more experience this time. Also I thought the movement out more then just throwing every thing together. The hardest bug fix I had to do was trying to make the ghost sprite to jump and fall back down at the right speed because at first I was using the wrong functions and wrong numbers but after a couple retries it worked out.
 

        ^^^^Freedom game^^^^

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you created your own characters, very creative! The movement of the chaser's mouth is an interesting touch as well.
    The script for the purple smily face is unfinished, so there is really no way to play the game.
    The background is very interesting, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how the character that is chasing the purple character is doing a sort of Pacman motion with its mouth. The background color sort of interferes with the purple of the frowny face, and I would change it to a more warm color like red, yellow, or orange. I like how smooth the movement is with the "Pacman'' character.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the sprites and how you made them yourself. I think you should finish the game because it looks like it isn't quite done yet. I really like how you made an animation with two sprite on the black face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you made the black sprite open and close its mouth. The purple sprites script looks like it isn't quite finished yet, maybe go look inside my game, here's a link. https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/88322843/#editor I like the movement of the black character and how its smooth not glitchy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job on the movement except there isn't two levels but thats fine, good job

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how the ghost can actually stay on the blocks, I had a hard time with that. The ghost could move a little more smoothly, but you know I had that problem too. I also like how the blocks are spread out and spread across the whole screen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the sprite!
    Maybe you could make the ghost say "next level" or have the background change.
    Great job it's super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how smoothly he moves. Make it have more levels. I like the theme

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like how on your platform your sprite moves pretty smooth. When I did the chase It started to glitch. Like how your background mathces

    ReplyDelete
  13. The faces was cool looking, maybe you can make the face that has to move work with the arrows. This was a cool looking game.

    ReplyDelete