Personal Information

Friday, March 4, 2016

Tiny Spherical Worlds

The point of taking more then one picture to make panos is so you get more in the finished image then just a little part of the subject or background. I also think taking more then one image is key to making a genuinely nice looking image. The more photos you take to create a panorama will make it look more real and easier or edit if you turning it into a spherical or polar panorama. Also if you take a photo of something you might as well take multiple images so at least one is a nice photo. Thats why I think it's important to take more then one image.

Whats the difference between polar and spherical panos? You may ask, well the difference is that polar panos are images and make a tiny world looking shape where the land is in the middle and the sky is on the outer edges. Spherical panos look a little different the sky is on the inside and the land mass is on the outside. Also the steps are different to making these two different panos but it's only one step different. That step is to not flip the image before the polar distortion.

What makes my tiny world convincing is that I tried my best to make the line that makes the circular image blended together so you cant tell that theres was a line there, on two of the images I stamped the line off pretty well but on the other two images the lines are very visible. Also what made some of my tiny world convincing is that I turned the line a different way it's harder to find the line. I think I rushed to much on the first to polar and the spherical images because they didn't come out well but the other two with the portraits came out better then the first two because I had more time to work on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment